What are the biggest mistakes you can make when renovating your bathroom? Find out below!
- The location of the toilet – more often than not, the bathroom of a house tends to be the smallest room. While there is no particular problem with this, the small size of the bathroom has often led to one unfortunate result: the toilet is often the first thing you see when you enter. You might wonder what exactly is wrong with this, but pause to think about it. Do you really want the toilet to be the first thing you see when you enter? The answer is no. When the toilet is the focal point of the bathroom, you can spoil much of the aesthetic aspect you want to recreate. Try to keep the toilet to a side, or hidden from view upon entrance.
- Going overboard – the best bathrooms are minimalist: they are usually a pristine white, with ample space in the middle, and few fixtures. However, when actually planning the design of the bathroom, you might get too into the ideal bathroom tiling in Melbourne options or buy way too many articles of furniture to fit into the room. What you will end up with in this case, is far from a minimalist bathroom, but a chaotic room which can prevent you from feeling at ease (and don’t you want to calm down in the bathroom at least?).
- Lacking a clear vision – if you do not have a good plan for just about anything, you cannot easily expect good results; the same goes with bathrooms. Unless you want your bathroom renovators Melbourne to do a poor job much different from what you wanted, it might be a good idea to sit down and think long and hard about exactly what you want before beginning renovations. Communicate your desires and wishes clearly, and also make an effort to listen to the advice of the renovators.
- Forgetting about storage options – as was mentioned above, the bathrooms should be minimalist. There is one flaw you can end up with, however, if you follow that statement to a T: you might end up with a lack of storage space. In fact, despite their minimalist appearance, bathrooms tend to have a lot of products and items that need storage (be they towels, accessories or hair care and body care products). You want to make sure that you consider storage options for all these products, or you will end up with a cluttered bathroom instead.
- Forgetting electrical sockets – in the same vein, do not forget about adding electrical sockets, especially close to the sink and countertops. There are many products and appliances nowadays that require an electrical outlet, so you want to make sure that you have enough of them in your bathroom.